In our groups we each went around to each group displaying our Projection Mapping, and talking about our ideas and how we came to create them. We went around each group giving our opinions and feedback on their work, giving constructive criticism and suggesting any things that could be done to enhance their work. For example one of the critics I made for one of the groups, was that their bubbles didn’t indicate what their stats were for, as for their group project was on ethnicity in Elephant and Castle.
When it came to our group, we presented our projection on Club Closure. Some points were raised about our work, for example we attempted to make a calendar effect on our second screen. However, our peers suggested that the calendar wasn’t necessarily needed as it would draw focus from the key information from the neon text which was our main focus as it showed the passing of all the clubs fading out. From this we decided to later on replace the calendar with some text to help give further context about the project and what the neon effect is about. Another point, that was quite critical in explaining what exactly our project was for was that it just needed a title – for this we decided to put it on the other panel.
Preparations for the Projections
After receiving feedback we then went on to amending our projection based on our feedback in time for it to be displayed.
We then regrouped as a class at the Typo Café were we where going to project our visualisations, and measured the panes. From this we worked that each window needed 9.5 sheets of A1 paper for the panes to be completely covered.
After covering all the panes, and helping each other set up our Projections we then went onto ours to set up.
After successfully setting it up on both panes despite the measurements not being accurate to the window panes – we then went out to look at our projection from the outside.
Once we looked at ours we then went around looking at the classes Projections to see how they turned out. I left like I had learned a lot from this project looking into further detail on how to develop and outcome as well as the task of group work and learning how to use Mad Mapper that I feel like I could use again for future projects.